- Taco Station. We served Pollo (Chicken), Asada (Beef), and Barbacoa (Pork). If you're keeping things simple, try my favorite easy recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Tacos.
- Margaritas. My friend Cat from The Suite Life Life makes a killer jalapeno margarita. However, a simple frozen Limeade is a festive non-alcoholic alternative.
- Mariachi Music. It's not always in the budget to have a live mariachi band, so investing in a $10 playlist from iTunes is the perfect way to set the party mood. I searched "Mariachi" on iTunes and chose this one:
4. Decorations. Don't be afraid of color! The first Cinco de Mayo party I planned was coordinated around Red, White, and Green- the colors of the Mexican flag. This time we used a much more vibrant color pallet. Tissue paper flowers, serapes, pinatas and maracas are some bueno go-to decorations.
5. Dessert. If it's in the budget and available in your area, a churro cart is a crowd favorite. For one of the smaller budget fiestas you can play up some cupcakes by displaying them in a mini margarita glass with a sugar lime garnish.